Fall has arrived in Chicago. It's time to cozy up with some warm Fall recipes and pumpkin dishes. We have a delicious autumn recipe, perfect for chilly Chicago Fall nights: Pumpkin Curry Vegetable Sauté.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 3/4 tsp ginger root peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion trimmed and diced
- 3/4 cup cauliflower chopped 1/2"
- 1 cup butternut squash peeled, seeded and diced 1/2"
- 3/4 cup mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro minced
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas) rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup green peas frozen
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- In stockpot over medium-high heat, combine pumpkin, broth, lemon juice, ginger, curry powder, chili powder, pepper and ground turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside
- In sauté pan or wok over high heat, heat oil. Add onion, cauliflower, and squash. Stir-fry until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and cilantro. Stir-fry 3 minutes more.
- Add garbanzo beans, frozen peas, salt and pumpkin sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Facts (serves 6)
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Total Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carb: 47 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g