Turkey Spinach Meatballs
These crowd-pleasing meatballs might disappear in record time! This recipe from Aramark takes advantage of turkey’s lean protein and uses mushrooms as a secret flavor weapon.
- 12 ounces fresh white or cremini mushrooms cleaned, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked spinach well drained
- 1/2 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- 2 teaspoon garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat convection oven to 350 F.
- In food processor, place mushrooms. Process until finely minced.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan(s) coated with cooking spray, place mushrooms and onion in single layer. Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until mushrooms are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.
- Reduce convection oven to 300 F.
- In mixer bowl, combine mushroom mixture and remaining ingredients. Mix on low speed until well combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not over mix.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan(s), using medium-sized scoop (look for #30 or scoop that portions ~2 Tbsp) portion meatballs 1" apart.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 165 F, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain.
- Makes 24 meatballs.
- Serving size is 3 meatballs.
- Serve as your entrée with your favorite grain and veggies - or serve over pasta.