The best way to kick off a weekend is with a delicious and healthy breakfast. But why not take it up a notch? This traditional avocado egg toast recipe comes with a kick. Made up of wheat toast smeared with fresh seasoned avocado, topped with a fried egg and a spicy lemon-Sriracha drizzle. This breakfast recipe packs a punch.
Serving Size: Serves 6
Avocado Egg Toast:
- 6 slices wheat bread toasted
- 1 3/4 cup avocado peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 ea medium egg
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Spicy Lemon-Sriracha Sauce:
- 1 3/4 Tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 3/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground paprika
- On hot griddle or in sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Break each egg into a separate cup. Carefully slide each egg onto hot griddle. Cook to desired preference (see recipe note below).
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for spicy lemon-Sriracha sauce. Whisk until well blended.
- For 1 serving, spread 2-3 Tbsp diced avocado mixture on 1 slice of toast. Layer 1 fried egg on avocado topped toast and drizzle with 1 tsp of sauce.
- Calories: 240kcal
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 165mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carb: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 10g
- FOR SUNNY-SIDE UP: Cook until whites are set and yolks are still soft.
- FOR OVER-EASY: Cook until whites are almost set. Carefully turn over eggs. Cook 10 seconds.
- FOR OVER-MEDIUM: Cook until whites are almost set. Carefully turn over eggs. Cook 20 seconds.
- FOR OVER-HARD: Cook until whites are almost set. Carefully turn over eggs. Cook 30 seconds.