The physical therapists at Thorek Memorial Hospital use a hands-on approach to help people with a variety of orthopedic, neurological and soft-tissue disorders to regain strength, mobility and enjoyment of life. The physical therapy team is specially trained to understand the interaction of all the body parts. Through an individualized treatment plan, they will work with you to get you moving again - back to the things you enjoy.
Therapy begins with a thorough evaluation to determine the best course of treatment. Each treatment plan is customized to the patient's unique needs and situation and may include:
- Guided exercises for range of motion and pain relief
- Supervised exercise on fitness equipment for strength, endurance and cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Education on proper body mechanics and injury prevention
- Electrical stimulation and ultrasound for pain relief
- Close coordination and communication with your primary care physician
- Manual therapy including joint mobilization/manipulation
The occupational therapists at Thorek Memorial Hospital guide people to achieve independent living. Through an individualized treatment plan, occupational therapists help people recovering from various conditions regain function so they can live life fully, safely and independently.
Speech Language Pathology
People with speech-language challenges are finding expert help through Thorek Memorial Hospital’s speech-language pathologists. Our speech-language pathologists treat the full spectrum of cognitive-communicative disorders, as well as swallowing difficulties that can disrupt a person's ability to eat.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM -5:00 PM
Monday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Links for further information: