Senior Healthcare Clinics
Our goal is to provide high-quality and compassionate healthcare to senior citizens in a safe and convenient environment. We strive to provide services that will keep seniors in good health and keep them living independently.
Service Provided at the Senior Healthcare Clinics
As an outreach initiative to better serve senior citizens, Thorek Memorial Hospital sponsors Senior Healthcare Clinics in several apartment buildings throughout Chicago. These clinics provide both nursing and medical services, which include:
- Health screenings: blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol.
- Annual flu and pneumonia shots.
- Assessment of medical conditions and recommendations for treatment options.
- Review of medications, assistances in filling prescriptions through Thorek's on-site pharmacy, and free delivery of all prescriptions.
- Scheduling of any procedures or outpatient visits that may be required - i.e. x-rays, mammograms, etc. (Scheduling by the Senior Clinic staff includes pre-registration of patients before their visit, shortening wait times on the way of their appointment).
- Patient and family education and materials, including partnering with building managers and social workers to provide educational workshops for building residents.
- Physician referrals and aid in scheduling appointments with specialists as necessary.
- Free round-trip transportation to Thorek Memorial Hospital (scheduled appointments only).
- Free fun activities such as yoga, line dancing, and arts & crafts.
Each clinic is staffed by a nurse/medical assistant and board certified physicians. Clinic hours and staff availability will vary from building to building.